I'm a software engineer, currently doing web application development at Interactive Intelligence. I've been doing software development in the North Carolina's Research Triangle since 1998, and I've been developing web applications for enterprise solutions since 2001.
My interests are in front end development, software craftsmanship, Agile methods, and being test driven.
- Web Technologies (HTML, CSS, etc)
- User Interface Design
- RESTful Design
- OO Design - SOLID principles, Design Patterns
- Practitioner of and advocate for Test Driven Development and Acceptance Testing
2015 - Present
- Senior Software Developer working on next generation cloud-based collaboration solutions using EmberJS.
- Developer contributing to a Clojure based services that handle persistent connections to the cloud, such as XMPP/web sockets.
- Member of the EmberJS Learning Team. Contributed development of documentation as well as tooling and infrastructure for the community.
- Member of the EmberJS Issues Team. Regularly triage incoming issues into EmberJS repositories.
- Creator and maintainer of ember-cli-dynamic-forms, a dynamic form addon built for Ember applications.
- Heavily involved in the Triangle Ember JS Meetup, where I've spoken and regular show up to assist in hack nights and meetups.
2011 - 2015 Deutsche Bank Global Technology
- Technical Lead on a highly skilled User Interface development team consisting of visual designers, UX, and skilled UI developers
- Developing rich user interfaces with GWT(Google Web Toolkit) talking to RESTful interfaces, mostly talking legacy database back ends
- Creating reusable web assets
- Working with Agile development processes
- Designing REST interfaces and web application approaches.
- Practicing quality practices such as TDD and BDD
- Advocating within the bank for greater emphasis on quality, specifically for fostering a craftsmanship movement with the bank.
2009-2011 Tivoli Security
- Designed and developed the user interface for a Rich Web Application for modeling and managing Role Based Access Control built using Dojo Toolkit and RESTful web services
- Designing UI architecture, best practices, quality practices, and design patterns.
- Involved in user story development, as well as estimating and planning
- Worked on the user interface for an early preview built on the Eclipse RCP platform.
2005-2009 Tivoli Identity Manager
- Led the user interface team for the 5.0 and 4.6 Express release.
- Participated in user interface design and consistency standards development
- Participated in the creation of a full featured test automation environment.
- Implemented a unit test strategy and team education
2002-2005 Tivoli Privacy Manager
2000-2002 Tivoli Kernel Services
1998-1999 IBM On-Demand Server
Board Member and Volunteer - Neighbor To Neighbor Outreach
- Basketball coach, literacy mentor, youth outreach volunteer
- Board Chairman 2004-2005
- Marketing committee Chair 2007-2008
- Volunteer time on the website n2noutreach.org
- Member of Crossroads Fellowship Church
BS Computer Science
- 1996-1998 Stetson University
- 1994-1996 Vanderbilt University
- Winner of the annual Emmett S. Ashcraft Award for outstanding Junior in Computer Science
- 4 year letterman - Division 1 NCAA Baseball